About Our Warranties
The products that we offer on our online shopping mall are original and are of high quality, supplied by reputed companies in Sri Lanka. All warranties are issued by authorized agents or dealers. Almost all our items come with a warranty period ranging from 6 months, 1 year to 5 years depending on the type of product.
How to claim a warranty
When a product is sold on wasi.lk, the customer will receive the dealer warranty along with the product (when applicable). We advice to directly communicate with the dealer if you have any questions regarding the item(s). Customers can contact wasi.lk for any questions or concerns as well.
What does agent warranty means?
Agent warranty means that the product warranty is backed by the official agent company for the respective brand in Sri Lanka. For example: Philips AquaTouch Electric Shaver Wet & Dry AT750/16 come with a 1 year agent warranty. The agent for Philips personal care & electronic items are Dinapala Group Sri Lanka. For any warranty claims, all customers can directly go to the respective agent mentioned in the warranty card to claim the warranty.
What does dealer warranty means?
Dealer warranty means that the product warranty is backed by the Sri Lankan company which supplies the item(s) to wasi.lk. All Dealer companies are registered companies in Sri Lanka and wasi.lk will handle the warranty claims for the customer with the respective Dealer(s). For example: Samsung 32″ EH4003 LED TV comes with a 1 year dealer warranty and wasi.lk will handle the warranty claim during the warranty period with the respective dealer.
General Terms & Conditions for All “Dealer Warranty” TV ‘s
- The warranty is valid only when the wasi.lk (Wasi Trades) invoice & the wasi.lk Warranty Card is presented for proof of purchase indicating the date of purchase, model and serial no.of the product. wasi.lk reserves the right to refuse warranty if this information has been lost, removed or changed after the original purchase of the product.
- wasi.lk’s obligations are limited to repair of the defect or replacement the defective part or at its discretion replacement of the product itself.
- All TV’s have to be handed over to wasi.lk for warranty claims. Warranty cover will be void, if a repair has been attempted by any unauthorized service centre. wasi.lk or it’s Dealer(s) shall not be liable for reimbursements, claims and damages that may result from the unauthorized repair of the product.
- Repair or replacement under the terms of this warranty does not provide right to extension or renewal of the warranty period. Repair or direct replacement of the product under the terms of this warranty may be full filled with functionally equivalent service exchange units.
- The warranty is not applicable to cases other than defects in material, design and workmanship.
The warranty does not cover the following:
Periodic checks, maintenance, repair and replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear.
Abuse or misuse, including but not solely limited to the failure to use this product for its normal purposes or in accordance
with the manufactures instructions on usage and maintenance. Defects resulting from usage of the product in conjunction with
accessories that are not approved by the Manufacturer for use with this product.
Failure of the product arising from incorrect installation or use not consistent with the instructions and technical or safety
standards prescribed in the product user manual.
Accidents, Acts of God, lightning, water, fire, public disturbances, improper ventilation, voltage fluctuations, abnormal wear & tear, dust & excessive use or any cause beyond the control of wasi.lk & it’s respective Dealer(s).
Unauthorized modifications carried out to the product to enhance performance, look, etc., for which the product was not originally designed for.
Damage of the battery caused by overcharging or failure to use in accordance with the specific instructions of core outlined
in the product user manual. The serial no. on the product has been altered, deleted, removed or made illegible. Wasi.lk warranty void sticker has been tampered.
The batteries are charged by chargers other than those approved by the Manufacturer.
Any of the seals on the battery enclosure or cells are broken or show evidence of tampering.
- Pixel burn up to 7 dots on LCD or LED TV’s is not considered defective & no replacement of panel or TV set will be made.
- All expenses such as transport, incurred when handing over the product for services, or warranty claims should be borne by the customer.
- If any dispute with regard to the applicability of the warranty, wasi.lk & it’s Dealer(s) decision shall be the final.
The above policies are for warranty service and the customer will be responsible for any costs associated with non-warranty conditions. wasi.lk & it’s Dealer(s) reserves the right to make final decisions regarding problem determination and the appropriate service option. Exchange units assume the remaining warranty of the original product.