Wasi.lk is an e-commerce site that markets products online for the consumer. The customer can order goods online and have them delivered to their doorstep anywhere in the island.
If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, You may not access or use the Services offered on wasi.lk. If You utilize the Service in a manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions, Wasi Trades (hereinafter called and referred to as “Wasi”) may terminate your access, block your future access and/or seek such additional relief as the circumstances of your misuse. Wasi may modify the Terms and Conditions at any time without any prior notice, and such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms and Conditions. You agree to review the Terms and Conditions periodically to be aware of such modifications and your continued access or use of the Service shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified Terms and Conditions.
When you visit the Site or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You thereby consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will either communicate with you by e-mail or post notices on the Site. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHT
All content included in or made available through wasi.lk, such as graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are registered or unregistered trademarks or trade names of Wasi, its affiliates or its Partners in Sri Lanka and/or other countries. The “wasi.lk” and the “Wasi” trademarks and/or trade names may only be associated with its products and services and may not be used in connection with any other products and/ or services, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits wasi.lk or Wasi. All other trademarks not owned by Wasi or its Partners or its vendors/merchants that appear on this Site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Wasi, its vendors or its Partners.
All content included on this Site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the exclusive property of Wasi, its Partners or its vendors/merchants and such content is protected under the Intellectual Property Act of Sri Lanka No 36 of 2003.
LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS
Subject to your compliance with these Conditions of Use and your payment of any applicable fees, wasi.lk or its content providers grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable license to access and make personal and non-commercial use of wasi.lk services. You may print and download (page caching) or portions of material from the different areas of the Service solely for your own non-commercial use. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of any wasi.lk Service, or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of any wasi.lk Service or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. All rights not expressly granted to you in these Conditions of Use are reserved and retained by Wasi, or its licensors, suppliers, publishers, rights holders, or other content providers. No wasi.lk Service, nor any part of any wasi.lk Service, may be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of wasi.lk. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of wasi.lk without express written consent. You may not use any Meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing wasi.lk’s name or trademarks without the express written consent of Wasi. You may not misuse the wasi.lk Services. You may use the wasi.lk Services only as permitted by law. The licenses granted by Wasi, terminate if you do not comply with these Terms and Conditions of Use.
If you use this Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer. Furthermore, you are responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account or password. You authorize Wasi to assume that any person using the Site with your password and user name either is you or is authorized to act for you. You agree to notify Wasi immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. Wasi will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by Wasi or another party due to someone else using your account or password. wasi.lk does sell products for children, but it sells them to adults, who can purchase with a Credit/Debit card. If you are under the age of 18, you may use wasi.lk only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Wasi and its Partners reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
Wasi together with its Partners attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, Wasi does not warrant that the product descriptions provided by the Vendors or other content of this Site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered through the Site itself is not described, and you are not satisfied with the purchase, your sole remedy is to return it, in its unused condition to the Vendor concerned.
It would be the Vendor’s responsibility to ensure merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose of the products and services they offer through the Site.
REVIEWS, COMMENTS, COMMUNICATIONS, AND OTHER CONTENT
Visitors may post reviews, comments, photos, and other content and communications, and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false e-mail address; impersonate any person or entity, or other content. Wasi reserves the right (but is not obligated) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Wasi a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant Wasi and sub licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify Wasi for all claims resulting from content you supply. Wasi has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. Wasi takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Wasi respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please report in the manner prescribed below.
RISK OF LOSS
All items purchased from wasi.lk are made pursuant to a delivery contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
PRICING & FEES
The list price displayed for products on our website may or may not represent the full retail price listed on the product itself, suggested by the manufacturer or supplier, or estimated in accordance with standard industry practice; or the estimated retail value for a comparably featured item offered elsewhere. The list price may or may not represent the prevailing price in every area on any particular day. Where an item is offered for sale by one of our Vendors, the list price may be decided by Wasi and the Vendors at their discretion.
Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may be incorrectly priced. If an item’s actual price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, contact you for further instructions, before delivery or cancellation of your order and notify you of such cancellation.
wasi.lk will charge a convenience fee if necessary, which will be added to the final transaction at the checkout page.
During promotion months, wasi.lk & it’s partners may charge a convenience fee, which will be added to the final transaction at the checkout page.
Nations Trust Bank PLC American Express (AMEX) Credit Card Extended Settlement Plan (ESP) Policy
- Extended Settlement Plan (ESP) is made available to all Card members of American Express Credit Cards issued by Nations Trust Bank PLC (Excluding Sri Lankan Airlines Platinum credit cards & Corporate Credit Cards )
- Card-member can request for multiple ESPs for tenures of up to 12 months, however, combination of two or more transactions will not be allowed.
- Cardmember may enjoy up to 12 months interest free installment plan at no extra charge on transactions ofLKR 10,000/- or above. (Sri Lankan Airlines American Express Platinum Card will not be entitled for the interest free installment plan)
- The Bank may at its sole discretion reject any ESP requests made by the Card member, which does not comply with the terms and conditions of the ESP Promotion.
- It is the responsibility of the Card member to provide correct information and the Bank shall not be responsible in the event ESP cannot be provided due to incorrectly and or inadequately provided information on the transaction by the Card member, and/ or ESP is provided to a transaction other than the transaction intended by the Card member due to the said reasons.
- The total transaction amount will be blocked within the existing credit limit and the respective installments will be billed to the statement on a monthly basis. The blocking will be gradually reduced along with the repayment of each installment
- In the event the Card member’s credit card is terminated, cancelled, not renewed, or suspended due to any reason whatsoever or any breach of the terms and conditions herein including nonpayment of dues under the ESP or any breach of the Card member agreement and the terms and conditions thereof, the outstanding installments (including the Installments that are not billed) shall become immediately due and payable in full to the Bank.
- Unless otherwise expressly provided herein, the Bank’s Card member agreement relating to the respective credit card shall apply to the installments and the payment of installments hereunder which shall be treated as a normal transaction charged to the credit card. In the event of any conflict arising between the terms and conditions hereof and the Card member agreement the former shall prevail only to the extent the same shall relate to matters involving the ESP.
- All installment amounts debited are non refundable and the Bank accepts no responsibility in any way for any goods purchased under the ESP and any dispute relating to the same should be resolved by the Card member directly with the merchant and no claim by the Card member against the merchant will relieve the Card member from his/her obligation for repayment to the Bank hereunder.
- Nations Trust Bank PLC reserves the right to withdraw the ESP or change the terms and conditions of ESP at its sole discretion.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY
Please review our Shipping and Delivery Information, which also governs your use of wasi.lk Services, to understand our practices.
Products must be thoroughly inspected before accepting. If the product is damaged or any parts are missing, you must immediately inform the delivery person and not accept the product. If you accept we consider that the product was in good condition and returns/ refund requests will not be accepted by wasi.lk or the merchant/supplier. Delivery time is generally 5 to 7 business days, however times could vary depending on the merchant/supplier and wasi.lk cannot be held liable for any delays. In the event where unexpected catastrophes erupt we will inform you by email and/or phone call, so that you will be updated on the situation. Further, wasi.lk cannot be held liable for any delays by the courier companies.
- Please ensure to check your ordered product/s for any physical damages prior to accepting the delivery. Please do not accept delivery if there are any damages.
- Wasi.lk (Private) Limited will not be liable for goods which are damaged in transit if the Proof of Delivery (POD) is signed and the goods are accepted.
Wasi.lk (Private) Limited will not be held responsible for any loss/damages caused to the order if not collected within 20 days, from the date of “ready for collection” notification/email sent. Paid ‘Office Pickup’ orders which are not collected within 20 days will be cancelled automatically and cancelled items are subject to a cancellation/restocking fee equal to 20% of the sale value.
Note, if an office pick up order is requested for delivery. Wasi.lk (PVT) Limited will charge the full cost of delivery of the respective courier company to the customer and not the delivery charge listed on our website for your respective address. This applies to all locations in Sri Lanka, including the FREE Colombo 1 to 15 delivery locations.
Cash on Delivery (COD)
Customers can pay for the orders once it arrives at your door-step via cash payment for orders up-to Rs.22,000 only. Any variation to the COD amount is at the discretion of wasi.lk.
A wasi.lk team memeber will contact you to confirm the Order. You cannot cancel the order or refuse to pay when the product/s are delivered to you after your confirmation. Please note COD orders will not be delivered during weekends.
Occasionally packages are returned to us as undeliverable. When the courier service returns an undeliverable package to us, we will contact you via email or telephone.
Why are packages occasionally undeliverable?
Packages are normally only undeliverable when the address is incorrect- please check your shipping address carefully when placing your order. Should this occur, a redelivery fee will apply. We will try our best to contact you and double check all orders before processing the order once payment is completed online.
Refused by Recipient
If you are sending a gift, it may be a good idea to let the recipient know that a surprise is on the way, otherwise they may refuse to accept the package believing that it was sent to them in error. In addition it is recommended that you inform wasi.lk as well, so that the delivery agent will know that the recipient is not the person who placed the order. This is necessary for security and fraud reasons. Again, should this occur, a redelivery fee will apply.
RETURN, REFUND, CANCELLATION POLICIES
Please review our Return and Refund policy, which also governs your use of wasi.lk Services, to understand our practices.
Cancellations (for e.g. due to an error in software application, lack of inventory, wrong item at delivery) may be effected via the Site following our Return Policy rules.
Return and Refund Policy
There shall not be any refunds/returns affected via the Site once sold. Product(s) and Service(s) that require refunds/returns are to be directly negotiated with the merchant/supplier concerned using the information in the warranty card provided.
If the product(s) and service(s) doesn’t come with a warranty card or with any merchant/supplier information, please follow the instructions below to obtain it from wasi.lk. Once wasi.lk has reviewed your request and confirmed the information, the respective merchant/supplier information will be provided.
Instructions on getting merchant/supplier information
- Send us a message at [email protected] accurately describing the problem you have encountered and provide evidence (eg: photo evidence, etc.) to support your claim.
- Include the following mandatory details on the email: order number, item name/model, billing & shipping address, phone number, email address, and your full name.
- There shall not be any refunds/returns affected via the Site. Product(s) and Service(s) that require refunds/returns are to be directly negotiated with the merchant/supplier concerned using the information in the warranty card provided and not with wasi.lk.
- There is no return and refund policy for company warrantied product(s) and service(s) by the merchant/supplier in any circumstance.
- Wasi.lk is not responsible for the transportation cost of returning and refunding product(s) and service(s) in any circumstance. Visit this page for our Delivery Policy.
- Certain items such as clothing (underwear, earrings, swimwear, etc.), food (Sports supplements included), etc. doesn’t come with any warranties, return and refund policy or money back guarantee due to the nature of these items.
Money Back Guarantee
The wasi.lk Money Back Guarantee applies to all products on the wasi.lk Marketplace priced at Rs.2,000 or less only.
To claim the money back for a product(s) you have purchased from us (Whether it’s been delivered to you already or not), please return the product to our office at No. 34, Flower Road, Colombo 7, or call us if it’s still not delivered to you, within 1 week (7 days) of the purchase. You should return the goods to us in their original (unopened) condition with package and other material (catalog etc.) that came with the product. We will refund you the original price paid for the goods less 5% transaction fee and our delivery charges if applicable within 1 week (7 days).
- Wasi.lk is not responsible for the transportation cost of returning product(s) and service(s).
- There is no return and refund policy for company warrantied products in any circumstance.
- 5% transaction fee will be charged whether the product has been dispatched or not.
- Money Back Guarantee applies to all product(s) on the wasi.lk Marketplace priced at Rs.2,000 or less only.
- Certain items such as clothing (underwear, earrings, swimwear, etc.), food (Sports supplements included), etc. doesn’t come with any warranties, return policy or money back guarantee due to the nature of these items.
wasi.lk will refund the product through the original payment method made only. wasi.lk reserve the right to forfeit the guarantee if we suspect any abuse of our money back guarantee offer.
PRODUCT(S) AND SERVICES (S) WARRANTIES
Please review our Warranty Information, which also governs your use of wasi.lk Services, to understand our practices.
PRODUCTS AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE PICKUP
In relation to, the products available for immediate pickup, the Customer may opt either for pick up from wasi.lk or for delivery. The delivery of the product is performed by wasi.lk or a courier appointed by wasi.lk as an additional service subject to the delivery terms.
The title of, the products available for immediate pickup, shall pass to the Customer at the time of the payment.
UNAVAILABILITY OF PRODUCT / PRODUCT OUT OF STOCK
Inventory of all products advertised on wasi.lk are not managed or maintained by wasi.lk. wasi.lk only acts as an intermediary between the customer and the supplier for such products. These products may not be available (run out of stock) from time to time due to overselling by the suppliers, however the product may be available for purchase on wasi.lk if the supplier has not promptly informed us of the fact that the product is unavailable for them to supply us. In such circumstances wasi.lk does not accept any liability whatsoever.
In the event of a stock unavailability, wasi.lk will inform the customer within 3 working days, and the payment can be refunded within 10 working days.
Customer acknowledges and agrees that the only remedy available for unavailability of product is the refund of the money paid.
Placement of an order including the payment of the order value by the Customer will be construed as an offer. When you place an order to purchase a product from us, you will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order (the “Order Confirmation E-mail”). The Order Confirmation E-mail is acknowledgement that we have received your order and has been passed for processing and does not confirm acceptance of your offer to buy the product(s) ordered. We only accept your offer, when we have commenced delivery after the supplier has released the product.
Parties other than Wasi, their Partners and Vendors may operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines on this Site. In addition, we provide links to the sites of affiliated companies and certain other businesses. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do not warrant the offerings of, any of these businesses or individuals or the content of their Web sites. Wasi does not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, product, and content of all these and any other third parties. You should carefully review their privacy statements and other conditions of use.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
This Site and all information, content, materials, products (including software) and services included on or otherwise made available to you through this Site are provided by Wasi or its Partners on an “as is” and “as available” basis, unless otherwise specified in writing. Wasi and its Partners make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this Site or the information, content, materials, products (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to you through this Site, unless otherwise specified in writing. You expressly agree that your use of this Site is at your sole risk.
To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Wasi and its Partners disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Wasi and its Partners do not warrant that this Site; information, content, materials, products (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to you through this Site; their servers; or e-mail sent from the Site are free of viruses, or other harmful components. Wasi and its Partners will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this Site or from any information, content, materials, products (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to you through this Site, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages, unless otherwise specified in writing.
The Site and the Terms and Conditions herein contained shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Sri Lanka. By accessing the Site, you agree that the laws of Sri Lanka will govern all matters relating to the Site without giving effect to any principles of conflict of laws.
You agree that any legal action, dispute or proceeding between Wasi and you for any purpose concerning the Terms and Conditions or in relation to your visit to the Site or the products you purchase through the Site or the parties’ obligation hereunder shall be governed by the Arbitration Act No 11 of 1995 in Sri Lanka. Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to the Services must be commenced within one (01) year after the claim or cause of action arises or such claim or cause of action is barred.
SITE POLICIES, MODIFICATION, AND SEVERABILITY
CONFLICT OF TERMS
If there is a conflict or contradiction between the terms and conditions in wasi.lk and any other relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices, the other relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices which relate specifically to a particular section or module in wasi.lk shall prevail in respect of your use of the relevant section or module of the website.
You can contact us at the following address for any further queries or any difficulty you may have with the Site.
No. 34, Flower Road,
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Wasi’s copyright agent the written information specified below. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Wasi that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Wasi’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on its Site can be reached as follows:
Email: [email protected]
Contact Number: +94 117 900 444